Government Sponsored Energy-Efficiency Programs
- EPAct of 2005 section 1703 $10 Billion for energy efficiency programs
- Rural Energy for America Program (REAP) offers grants up to $250,000
- USDA/CDBG credits for municipalities utilizing LEED/Green products up to 20% forgiveness of loan and lower interest rate.
- HR 6341 provides for 0% loans up to $3-million Rural Energy Efficiency Networks as part of the Rural Electrification Act of 1936
- Most States have adopted energy reduction acts requiring 20% energy reductions by 2017
- US Senate Energy and Natural Resources Committee has adopted a NEMA advocated provision known as "crush for credit" program to offset higher costs